Monday, November 26, 2007

Walking

What else is new? Well, I will soon be off and walking this morning. Getting in a few more miles of fitness. All very necessary of course. I was just reading a blog that I used to read daily and then stopped reading, maybe a few months ago. And, Roger…one of the bloggers, has developed some health problems in that short span of time. He’s about my age and so I am mindful, once again, of just how precious your good health is. No, the walking won’t cure me of any hidden diseases or conditions that I might already be harboring. But… it might prevent some new ones from occurring. And that’s good. And, as Dave Barry says, “We Americans live in a nation where the medical-care system is second to none in the world, unless you count maybe 25 or 30 little scuzzball countries like Scotland that we could vaporize in seconds if we felt like it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment