Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Gift

During the Christmas Eve services, I was thinking of Jesus. That almost goes without saying, doesn’t it? Anyway, my inevitable thoughts were of how so many of us have taken his message and perverted it for our own use. Ignored the right and now we worship the wrong. The pastor spoke of God in a ‘box’. How we want our God to be manageable and accountable. Just our size. ‘Why God? Why didn’t I get what I wanted?’ is our cry. And of course the answer is right there in his words; you really do have to give before you ‘get’ anything at all. You can keep your money. God doesn't need it. Or want it. It’s not gifts that God wants, he wants you.

And if you want to give something of yourself, let me point you to the Student/Farm Worker’s Alliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment