Friday, December 28, 2007

Sounds like

If it snowed last night, I missed it. Not that that’s a bad thing, mind you. Snow has its place, but just not here. We lived in snow country for 11+ years; I do have some experience with it and I’m quite willing to forgo the pleasure this morning.

And on a different note; I’ve added some stuff to the right hand side of my blog. Words, Quotes and a Spelling Bee. Oddly enough, I had spent a little bit of time trying to add one of these on my own just a week ago; stealing the code and trying to fit it into the right hand space. It was a wasted effort and so I had given up…until I spotted them on the Eavesdrop Writer’s website this morning and decided to try it again.

I really enjoy the fact that I can hear the pronunciation of the words by simply clicking on the loudspeaker icon. I’ve done that in the past in my journals, by using MS Word to insert an Object (a WAV file player) into the document and then finding the appropriate file for it to play. It’s sort of a hassle, as you have to know where the file is located and then the size of the document grows tremendously. But it looks cool!

It just so happens that we were talking about pronunciation just last night. Laurae and I have seen the word ‘whinge’ or whingeing’ many times and neither one of us knew how to pronounce it. Now we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment