Thursday, January 31, 2008

From outside the box:

The Republicans Had Their Chance

As I read about the debates last night; the ones held in the Reagan Libary, I got so darned angry that I couldn't even think straight; Those idiots invoking the spirit of a dead president in their quest for power was sheer idiocy! We've already suffered through 7+ years of Reagan style conservatism and these fools want to do it again? That's their inspiration?

And since I couldn't really think straight...it was nice to read this shortly after I began digesting the news of the day. The author says what I wanted to say if I had been able to.

And I had this thought, what if, after the debates were over, they found the doors to the library were locked and couldn't be opened? And they would have to stay in there forever, endlessly debating which of them was the most 'conservative' and most like Reagan! Oh, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys!

(The truth is...they are all like Reagan; clueless.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:32 AM

    Seems both sides are playing that sentimental game. I keep hearing Obama being compared to Kennedy or the "Camelot" scenario. Of course, it is the media that promotes this silliness. At least Obama tries to distance himself from any of these comparisons. He is being compared to an illusion, of how people would like to remember that it was. It is a no win situation to try to live up to something that never was.

    ReplyDelete