Monday, January 28, 2008

Time for a party?

I have been wandering all over town today, Butte and Glenn counties, trying to get rid of some ‘green waste’ from the Plant Barn. Both sites were closed and I ended up going back to a friend’s place and dumped it on his burn pile. What a waste. Now why would you close a recycling center for green waste? For any reason?

The good news was that I found a SanDisk Sansa Clip mp3 player at Radio Shack while I was out and I’m listening to some of my music even as I type. The player works great and it’s not putting a dime into Steve Jobs pocket…always a good thing!

I’m hoping that the FM radio included with the Clip will pick up KCHO while I’m in the park so that I won’t miss any of the NPR programs that I like. I did hear a good show today on the truck radio as I wandered in search of a dump; Talk of the Nation had a show all about the delegate system (listen here) and how it works…or doesn’t work. What I found so interesting was the fact that most of those that called in with questions were simply baffled by the whole process. And why wouldn’t they be? Democracy? Not even close! And the only way to change it is to abandon the party system. If we all quit our respective parties and register as independents, the parties will be forced to change or disappear. Be smart; join the party that Einstein favored, None of the Above!

More good news; we'll be out to dinner when bush reads that speech tonight and will have to miss it. What a shame he couldn't try something original for this last State of the Union speech; like write it himself? Use his own thoughts? Maybe even apologize?

No comments:

Post a Comment