Saturday, January 26, 2008

Treasure or Trash

It’s almost 7 in the morning and I still haven’t found my writing voice. I’m just wandering around the internet. Click here and a click there. And I have to be in town at the Senior Thrift Store at 8 for a morning of cleaning and sorting. I spent about 3 hours down there yesterday, just trying to make sense of the stacks of boxes and bags. It will be the same thing today. We have far too many donations for the small number of volunteers to sort through and it’s almost impossible to keep up with it all if we don’t hold these periodic cleanups. Or enlist more volunteers. I’m sure there are some small treasures amidst the trash, but it has to go!

Maybe I should take a camera and record the treasures I do find...I found some real old and unique cabinet hinges yesterday. Can't throw those away!

No comments:

Post a Comment