Monday, January 28, 2008

Yada x 3

I have started my day as I usually do by going to the ‘feeds’ to see who has written something new. And over the weekend I took the time to add any newspapers that allowed RSS. I already get most of their emails, but I wanted to clear up my in-box and just go to RSS for all of my information. Some news outlets still don’t get it and want you to jump through hoops to obtain the news you can get without a hassle somewhere else. But the major players, even the Economist, a premier publication, have decided to open their pages more often. It’s my plan to take all of my information gathering tools off of my computer and put them on Google’s servers. Then, when my hard drive fails I will be OK.

The first feed was Time Goes By and Crabby Old Lady was reviewing a book about blogging. Just another opinion. What’s with these people? Must everything be defined to their satisfaction? Categorized and labeled! With over a 100 million blogs on-line how could anyone be so naïve as to think they could define that phenomenon?

As a proponent of Myers Briggs Type Indexing (MBTI), I am of the opinion that certain types will never be found blogging. It only appeals to a few. (Yes, 100 million worldwide is a few) For instance; I’m an INFP type. As an Introvert, I wouldn’t enjoy any ‘real’ venue to spout my opinions. I can keep people safely at a distance on my blog. For an Extrovert, the immediate reaction that they need and receive from a live audience is missing. For them, what’s the point of a blog? And, since my opinion is not all that well formed yet, I will drop the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment