Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Good Race

The race is over and it's raining...right on time. And it was perfect timing for the race, the rain started about an hour after it was over. (Read about the race here) And as usual, after a good race I always turn up the volume on the car radio and listen to the Metropolitan Opera on NPR. This mornings opera was Carmen and it was great! I'm not sure where this interest in opera came from. I used to think it was simply OK, nothing to get excited about. But I found that after a great race it's so much fun to crank up the volume and let the opera rip! It was a couple of years ago and I was by myself after the race; I turned on the car radio and just felt like turning the volume knob to Max...and it felt so good! And I've been an opera fan ever since. Even opera at more normal volume levels. And I found out that punk rocker Patti Smith is an opera fan. Right on! Try it...you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment