Saturday, March 29, 2008

Index of /pics03

What are these?

I was wandering, as I often do, and I ran across this large collection of images. This particular page appears to have a postcard collection from early Los Angeles on it. You can click on the 'parent directory' and it will take you back just one jump to another index. I can't find the 'Home' for this site at all.

This page seems to have a photo of the booking document from the Barbara Graham murder case... There are even more photos of police? witnesses? procecutors?

All very odd? Where did they come from?

3 comments:

  1. The Los Angeles Public Library. I found the address in the middle of the url. http://www.lapl.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I see it now. But I wonder why they are abandoned like that? And wouldn't the library be .gov?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Phoenix library is also .org. Not sure why. It is funded by the government. Maybe the website is not funded by the gov.

    ReplyDelete