Monday, March 24, 2008

Newsmakers?

Back to the news; there seems to be all sorts of newscaster panic over what has been said in some churches lately; starting with the sermons that Senator Obama heard while worshipping at his home church. Now I don’t know what kind of churches these broadcasters and pundits attend, but I do know that the reason I attend church is to worship. Worship; not the pastor, not the sermon, not the building and not the congregation. They are simply irrelevant to my purpose for being there. That’s actually how God intends it to happen. If you are hanging around a church, thinking that God speaks through a pastor, you are sadly mistaken and you’re not really listening for God’s voice.

2 comments:

  1. "If you are hanging around a church, thinking that God speaks through a pastor, you are sadly mistaken"

    WHAT? Steve surely you don't mean this the way I'm taking it. What is the sermon for if not to hear from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be taking it wrong, my brother.

    Sometimes the sermon is there to fill up the space in an hour. No matter who is speaking...God speaks only to you.

    ReplyDelete