Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pass the donuts

Things are looking up. A day off with lots of ibuprofen and I’m feeling much better this morning. I’ll simply do my stretches this morning and try to continue with this regimen of resting. Despite the good news, I hate losing a few weeks of training time.

Well, it’s my own fault. I have always been quick to get into training mode but without taking the time to stretch. Stretching is what other people did. I was ready to move fast as soon as I arrived at the track. And I got away with it for many years; despite being told more than a few times that it was hazardous to my health. Now I will have to retrain myself to include stretching time at the front end and the back end of each training session. My personality says no, but my body says yes.

And then, on the other hand, there is that article in the Times (Below) that mentions the ‘toxic’ mood of the voters. I have to wonder if any of the candidates will bother to read that? I have this feeling that the article (and the voters) will simply be ignored and the candidates will blather on until November. You can trust the Democrats to lose an election by not focusing on the issues that concern the voters. What do ‘focus groups’ do anyway? Drink lots of coffee and eat donuts while convincing themselves that they know what’s up?

No comments:

Post a Comment