Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring Sale

It's over. Today is the last day of the Orland Friends of the Library book sale. We'll start boxing up the remaining books at two this afternoon.

The book sale does wonders for the local library and that’s a good thing. Glenn County isn’t very supportive of the library and so every dollar we make is needed. I heard the story that one supervisor said that most people ought to have enough books to read; already in their homes. And I’m sure he did.

An odd thought; I wonder why so many people buy their books at the book sale? Almost every (but not all) book could be found in the library. But I admit that I do buy a few myself, choosing from among the art books, because for only 50 cents a book, I’m going to cut them up for collage work. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment