Friday, May 23, 2008

Blowing In the Wind

They lied. The wind continues, unabated. I can imagine that graduation week in Chico has been affected by the weather, as this is the week that all of the graduates do their moving; loading trucks and trailers high with all of their possessions. I wonder how many pillows and cushions went flying?

Moving 101 is not taught at this university and so this ‘moving out’ week and the ‘moving in’ week, in August, are fun to watch as improbable loads are seen traveling the highways and byways of Chico. Exercises in Physics? Perhaps. This is also the time of year for ancient couches and chairs to make their appearances at the side of the road. Abandoned.

I was reading a post from the Crabby Old Lady this morning and I could ‘feel’ her pain. I am certain that we haven’t had an election season as rancorous as this one…ever! At times I feel as if some of the candidates are purposely trotting out their ignorance just to show us that they are ‘good old boys’ (and girls). Why? Intelligence is a virtue, a blessing; not a liability!

No comments:

Post a Comment