Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm in trouble

Yikes! What happened? It’s almost 5 and I just woke up. That means that I’m an hour late for everything! But what does that mean? I’m retired and have no place I have to be, no appointments to be kept. Yet…I felt that was behind in some way. And in my rush to get back on track, I quickly read Time Goes By. Oh, oh.

It may take me all day to recover from this failure to wake up on time. And tomorrow I have orchard irrigation duty beginning at 6 AM. Another intrusion into my well ordered life. At this rate, it could be weeks before my life is back to normal.

Ronni Bennett asks if this love for the ‘routine’ is a part of aging and I would have to say that it’s not. Aging only brings it to the fore if you already have that as part of your personality. Which I do. Strange; because I profess a love for change and I go out of my way to initiate change, but there it is…I still love routine. How can I explain the fact that these two feelings co-exist within me? Okay; I love change that I initiate and hate the change that you initiate. Yes, that’s it. It’s all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment