Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moving

What a wind! And it’s still blowing this morning. Yesterday afternoon, we were turning onto Highway 32 to go east to Chico. And at that intersection, the recently plowed field was taking flight. Tons of fine topsoil were blowing high into the air and obscuring the road to the west completely. Probably 60 acres worth of good soil was now airborne. Some traffic pulled over to wait for the cloud of earth to pass and one driver was frantically trying to get the convertible top up. Me? I crossed my fingers and pulled out, hoping that no one was coming from within the cloud, and if they were, hoping they were moving slow. Whew! We made it...

And on a different subject, I found this quote from one of my favorite people…

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.

- Lily Tomlin

Yes, I know it’s a challenge, but I intend to do my very best to prove that Lily was wrong. I am a champion! (Cue the music from Rocky)

No comments:

Post a Comment