Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summertime and the living is easy

This is the end of spring. Today. The calendar may disagree with me, but I know summer when I see it and next week will be summer. It’s 63° outside and will head up to 85° before the day is over. By Wednesday it will be in the 90’s.

And it’s very noisy outside. Despite the darkness, the birds are making a racket. I also heard the neighbor’s cat and that may be the reason for all of the bird’s excitement. Hmm? There’s an owl. And I’m also looking for bats. This is the best time to see them as they are silhouetted against the eastern sky. Finally! There was one at last. And another. They are returning to the old barn next door after eating their fill of mosquitoes; I hope. We are enjoying a mosquito free spring so far and I hope it stays that way.

Me? I’m quiet this morning. There isn‘t a whole lot of news to comment on and that’s nice…sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment