Monday, June 23, 2008

Canes versus Staff's

Life in the slow lane. That’s what we have here on the Planet Orland. The days of summer are here and we take life easy until October. Sure. Easy for us to say, we’re not fighting any fires. That little bit of tropical air that sailed over us the other day had enough lightning strikes contained within it to overwhelm the fire fighting resources of the north state and now the air is smoky once again. On the plus side, the wind is minimal. (Link)

I was just reading an article about the use of ‘staff’s’ in lieu of canes. What a great idea! I don’t need either one right now, but if I did, I would have to go for the staff. In fact, I can start my search for just the right one starting now. I have already concluded that the TSA and every other branch of Der Homeland Security group will have a problem with it. It looks like a weapon of Medium Destruction (WMD). And in the hands of a cranky elder, it could very well be. So air travel will be problematic at best while carrying a staff. OK with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment