Thursday, June 26, 2008

How Odd

I see that Wally over at the resident curmudgeon has been attacked by blog bandits/spammers/commenters/etc. (Who are these people?) And their attacks don't seem to follow any logical pattern. I haven't had to use comment moderation on this blog for a couple of years now, but as soon as I put up the new swimming lesson blog for Bill to see the twins progress during the weeks they are here, a group of Lotto commenter's descended on the blog. I quickly switched to Comment Moderation and now I see half a dozen Lotto commenter's show up within a minute of my posting. Obviously they are using bots of some kind. Pretty clever ones. Sick.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you have to be invited to see that blog?.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case the hacker is someone we know. My daughter's ex-boyfriend hacked into her blog and changed the title to something derogatory to her character. He also commandeered her email account so the best way for me to give her instructions on reporting him was to post them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete