Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cool, Clear, Water

What? 115° is the forecast high for our area. And it was 81° at 4 this morning. (I might as well be living in Arizona!) Now imagine that you’re one of the hundreds that are fighting fires this morning. In full firefighting gear and breathing smoke. (Humidity is at 13% on the fire line. Winds at 10 mph with gusts to 15.)

Enough of that. I’m going to go play in the water this morning; it’s Wednesday and that means it’s time to flood irrigate the orchard. And I can’t help but wonder if flood irrigation will be available next year. I’m almost certain that the big water users will get some, but I have a feeling that those of us with one acre parcels will be shut off if the water supply becomes marginal. Which makes sense, sort of; we’re hobby farmers and don’t depend on an orchard to make a living.


ps. Go to Time Goes By and take the survey...it's a short one.

No comments:

Post a Comment