Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New York New York

The New Yorker magazine story brings back some memories. No, not memories of other tasteless cover art, but I do remember all of the times I visited my Auntie Jay’s house and I would immediately head for her stack of New Yorker magazines. So while the grownups chattered, I was in a different world altogether. A fascinating world. And during the years since then, I’ve always looked forward to finding a copy in my dentist’s waiting room. I bought the magazine a few times while traveling, but as I grew older, I found the magazine to be more about New York and less relevant to this occasional reader. Not enough value unless there was an article by Seymour Hersh in it. I haven’t picked it up in years now. If I want to make a statement, I would have to give up Wired; another Conde Nast publication. That would be hard to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment