Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oh, Lily!

The day is dawning and I have no idea as to whether or not the air is fit to breathe. It’s still too dark. But I do have an internet connection so I do know that there are quite a few people out and about, all breathing of course. Perhaps it is safe to do so myself.

Some good quotes once again.

§ A conservative is a man who sits and thinks, mostly sits.

Woodrow Wilson (1856 - 1924)

§ Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then--we elected them.

Lily Tomlin (1939 - )

Most irritating. It’s one of those symptoms of aging; I keep missing the small words as I type and I have to re-read everything I write. It’s the to and the a and the and that are most frequently missed. I ‘say’ the words in my mind as I type them and then, when I look down, they are gone! Stranger still is the fact that most of the time, MS Word thinks the sentence is just fine without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment