Monday, August 25, 2008

All About Choices

Party time! And we’re not invited. As usual. Yes, the Democrat’s are going to Denver to wear silly hats and drink too much. And then do all of the expected things that drunks in silly hats do. All too predictable.

And then, shortly after the Democrats make fools of themselves, the Republican’s will throw their own party. With silly hats as well. The only major difference between the two parties will be the fact that the Republican drunks will be mostly old white men. Still predictable.

It’s at this point that I really value my status as an independent voter. I’m not called upon to be ‘faithful’ to the party line. And I will have no responsibility for the embarrassing planks in the party platforms. I have a choice. OK, I agree. It’s not much of a choice. But I do have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment