Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Enough, already

There’s just a sliver of a moon left and it’s about 45 degrees above the northeastern horizon and rising. Looking good. And Boo the cat is silhouetted in the window as she looks out over the orchard. Also looking good. Hmm? What’s happening out there? And what’s that noise? I keep feeling little gusts of wind coming in the window and I noticed that the trees out front had turned on the lights with their motion.

According to the weather folks, we’re experiencing high pressure building (wind) and by this afternoon, we will be experiencing a ‘heat episode’. So much nicer than a ‘heat wave’.

Ennui. A word I’ve always enjoyed writing. Not saying the word; just typing it out as I experience it. And although ‘boredom’ is one of the synonyms, I would prefer 'languor'. Another great word. And check out the synonyms for that one! Torpor! Indolence! Whatever… it is what I’m experiencing right now. I can’t get excited about any of the news I’ve read this morning. I think I’ll go read a book and enjoy my ‘lassitude’.

No comments:

Post a Comment