Thursday, August 7, 2008

Should I?

Service Pack 3 for Windows XP has arrived overnight and is waiting for me to say, ‘yes, I want it!’ before it installs itself. But do I? Decisions, decisions. I suppose I should just be happy that Microsoft decided to extend their support for XP. But, I don’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling when the install window includes a warning to be sure and do a full backup before accepting. I suppose I must be brave…but later in the day. I still have things to do with my computer this morning.

An hour has gone by since I got up and made the coffee, but I haven’t even looked at the news. I’ve been rummaging through my 2008 journal instead, and I ran across the news that diesel fuel was up to $3.75 a gallon in January. Today, at close to $5 a gallon, my diesel powered truck sits in the driveway, abandoned. I haven’t driven it in a month or more. I better go out and let it run for a little while and make sure the batteries are charged.

OK, back to the journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment