Monday, August 4, 2008

Too True

It’s certainly a quiet morning. Just the sound of crickets outside my window; a summer sound. Even my usual flood of email is just a trickle today. Is it really Monday? Did I forget to pay my email bill? Just kidding, but where is the LA Times?

Even the headlines I did read this morning are less than riveting. More unrest in China. Without a television, we’re not interested in the preparation for the Olympics. And another benefit of that condition is the fact that we don’t have to listen to/watch any of the political ads. If we still had satellite TV service, I believe I would pay extra to avoid them.

Sad. Those little 30 second snippets of misinformation that make up political advertising are very effective. Money well spent. I only wish it weren’t true.

No comments:

Post a Comment