Monday, September 29, 2008

Write

Wait! It can’t be the end of September already. 2 days left. Seriously, I’m not ready for it to be fall. And going outside right now convinces me that the season is premature. It’s 65° outside at this early hour. That’s not fall!


It feels like I’ve been very ‘wordy’ lately. I know my journal has increased in size dramatically. I usually try to write a page a day and even that is sometimes a stretch. But recently the output is more like 3 pages a day. And the same thing happens to the blog posts. My journal and the blog are not identical, though I do borrow from the journal frequently. And some paragraphs are lifted whole from the journal and posted on-line.


I’m looking forward to putting the journal onto the new computer. I have a feeling that it will speed things up. This year’s journal is already up to 342 pages and the processor has to work pretty hard to get it all, including photos, to open in a timely manner.


I’m surprised at times by the fact that not that many people write journals. With a computer at hand, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. I frequently leave my Word program open and add to the journal at various times during the day. A little here. A little there. And it’s a piece of cake to add images and quoted material to the journal… which probably accounts for some of the 342 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment