Friday, October 24, 2008

I’m So Vain!

I was reading Time Goes By this morning and Ronni has a rant about cosmetic surgery. Good stuff! Since aging comes to us all, what's the big deal about appearing to be…gasp! your age? On a personal note; I am finding it to be quite interesting. Back in the day; I really wondered how I would be able to shave once I had wrinkles. Wouldn't I just cut myself to ribbons? As it turns out, it's quite easy to do and I haven't had to go to the ER for sutures as I once feared.

But, I'm a guy. We see things differently. Wait. I'm using a broad brush here. Not all guys think as I do. Not by a long shot! For instance, I don't care for make-up at all. On others. Not even lipstick. Hair and hair coloring isn't worth bothering with. It's only hair! Who we are exists within us and is not to be found within our appearance.

But… (there's always a 'but'.) I do like jewelry and tattoo's as a means of decorating our bodies. Why do I like tattoo's but not lipstick? I don't have a clue. And one more 'but'… I do wish there were good temporary tattoo's available. Permanence in body art requires some dedication and I'm more into making a statement for the day. This is me. Today.

Vanity. You can't live without it.


 

3 comments:

  1. What's wrong with making who you are today permanent? Don't want to be reminded of who you are today, tomorrow? I love who I am today, and two years later, I love my tattoo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it... I love the one I have and have plans for another more magnificent one. But I still say it requires some dedication. I wouldn't want to have all of the tattoo's I briefly thought about. But some temp tat's would be nice for when you're in the mood to make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most temporary tattoos are geared to young children, but there are many that are suitable for adults and made from higher quality materials. A good source is Funtoos.com where you can learn a lot about temporary tattoos and search by category to view 100's of images available.

    ReplyDelete