Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rambling

Caution. I'm thinking about old age this morning. I really can't help myself; it's all about who or what I am these days. An old guy. But that's OK, we all need to be comfortable with ourselves as we age and denial always looks silly. To me.

I had to add that modifier 'to me' because it's far too easy to think that I have all of the answers and my opinion counts for more than just an opinion. Humility doesn't come easy to any of us, no matter what our age. And I really think it's more of a problem for elders. We need to remain important in our own eyes, so we tend to overvalue our words. Sure, we do have a rare gem of wisdom in there once in awhile; we've lived and that has some advantages. But if we were pompous and overbearing when we were 40, we didn't necessarily improve by the time we hit 70.

Opinions. Everyone has one. I guess this is mine for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment