Friday, October 10, 2008

Where’s My Ballot?

Some people are voting. Have voted. And I'm still waiting for my ballot to arrive. Darn! Nothing is going to change my mind and I'm ready to vote. Obama would have to confess to robbing banks to finance his campaign before I would change my vote. And we already know that McCain is the only 'bank robber' of the two candidates. (Lincoln Savings & Loan)

We had our meeting with the financial planner and we were shown the wreckage that littered our accounts. Little did we know that even while we were meeting, the market was dropping even further into the hole? Surprise!

These are historic times because you can't compare this to any other time in history. Sure, the Dutch Tulip Bulb disaster comes to mind and so does the Great Depression, but what's different here is the fact that we knew all about the previous disasters and still made the same choices. Our leaders have said for years, 'Never again' in reference to the Great Depression; they had rules and regulations that would ensure that it never happened. It worked; until those leaders removed the rules and regulations.

It seems like my brain is working at warp speed this morning. All sorts of thoughts are flying through it. I must have spent too much time looking at the headlines. One; Sacramento County is going to need close to 7,000 teachers starting in 2015. My first response to that is a question; why would anyone want to become a teacher? Low pay and no respect. Working with and for bureaucrats. Parent's who don't care or parents that don't have the time to care because they have impossible jobs as well. Sounds like a disaster to me.

Funny thing about wages. Almost everyone agrees with the old saying, "You get what you pay for" until they have to pay.

Now that old saying brings me full circle and I have to wonder what went wrong? We certainly paid our leaders plenty of money and it looks like we didn't get our money's worth. Time for new ones! And not 'new' old ones…

2 comments:

  1. You haven't recieved your ballot yet? That's not good. I would call the County Election Office a.s.a.p. We dropped our ballots on Monday, and even voters in the far northern part of the county have already voted. They need to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will do that on Monday if they don't show up today. I'm going to check with some folks to see if any of them received their ballots.

    ReplyDelete