Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, No!

Do I want to read the news this morning? Or should I just hide out in Facebook and browse the latest Flair? It would be so easy to do just that! But the day beckons and I must face reality. Yikes!

The first thing that caught my 'news' eye was the continuing story about Rod Blagojevich, the man whose name I can't pronounce. I can pronounce Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
as if I were a native of Iran. Dmitry Nikolaevich Medvedev trips off my tongue with ease, but
Blagojevich? I sound like an idiot when I try to say it. Whatever. The story isn't his name but the fact that it is likely that he didn't break the law. Sure, he's a jerk and 'ethical' and 'moral' are words that he can't pronounce, but so far it appears that he hasn't taken a dime. He simply talked about taking that dime. And politicians are allowed to do that. It actually helps them to be re-elected - in some mysterious fashion. That's something that ordinary mortals will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment