Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reading

Since reading is what I do these days, I'm glad I found a reliable and prolific author; Dean Koontz. He is an entertaining author and a skilled craftsman in the writing game. He won't write a Nobel Prize winning book, but he will let you escape from this world for hours at a time and you will enjoy the trip. If his writing reveals anything of his character and personality, I bet he would be fun to talk to.

I've finished his Odd Thomas series of novels and once more I'm reminded of why I don't like some series. The author has to describe the protagonist at the beginning of each book. But after the first book, I already know him! OK, it's a minor thing. Maybe they should have a version just for those who already know all about Mr. Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment