Monday, December 1, 2008

Some Good Stuff

Interesting morning! I downloaded MS WorldWide Telescope and was amazed! It's a Beta version, but very impressive. If you are at all interested in astronomy, it's definitely worth looking at. And the price? Well, it's free. Sorry about that news. (Oh, to be 10 years old again and to have this technology available!)

An odd thing about the download; I downloaded (20+MB) from Download.com and after I installed the program and ran it, I got a message that an update was needed. Yes, another 20 MB and the whole install routine again. But it was worth it.

And I was doing some exploring with Google Earth and using Street Views. I couldn't find any street views of Newbury Park and when I went to our old address in Brea, the camera was located before and after our address. I can see the driveway and a hedge. That's it! Two cameras for the whole block and they missed our old house completely…

No comments:

Post a Comment