Friday, December 12, 2008

Turning Up The Heat

Temperature: 34°F | Humidity: 89% | Pressure: 30.04in (Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: ENE | Wind Speed: 4.0mph | Forecast: Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Areas of fog locally dense in the morning. Highs 54 to 62. Light winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

The morning rolls on. And as I read the headline stories about the erudite Illinois Governor Blagojevich and his lovely, soft spoken wife, I was reminded once more of why it's so important to never link your name or reputation to a political party. I'm so grateful these days that I chose to become independent. I may be a lot of things but at least I'm not a Republican/Democrat.

If you read the roll call of recently newsworthy and corrupt officials, you will find Democrats and Republicans in equal measure. Do you think, just maybe, that it's the power and not the party? Either way, it's best to avoid any alliance with a political party. Bozos!

(Later) I just read Time Goes By for this morning and I see that Ronni has the same sort of subject matter. Link

 

No comments:

Post a Comment