Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Darn the luck!

Here it is; the day we've been waiting for. President-Elect Obama, no more. At 9 this morning he will become the real deal! But what can I say about it that won't be said by the thousands of writers, reporters and pundits? Not much, so I will just say that I'm happy. Very happy. Yes, I already know that I will not be supportive of this president in everything he does. He will frustrate me and irritate me. He can't help it; he's a politician. But he is also an intellectual and it's because of that that I'm happy. Imagine it; a university professor of Constitutional Law and he's our president and he can actually think! All by himself. That's something that we will all have to get used to.

And the bad news is…I will miss seeing the inauguration. I don't know what I was thinking when I accepted the doctor's appointment for 8:15 AM on the 20th
of January. So I will probably be in a waiting room, filling out paperwork while the rest of the nation celebrates. Sure, it's my fault, but why would they even have an appointment available at that time? Unless…the doctor is some sort of unreformed right wingnut wacko? Well, if I'm lucky, I can be back in my car and listening to the ceremony.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment