Friday, January 9, 2009

Suckers

I just came back from a visit to the local vampire shop where I donated a small portion of my blood for cholesterol level testing. They open at 6 and I was their second customer of the day at 6:15. It didn't go well and I am sure I will have two bruised arms to prove it. It was all very much painless as the phlebotomist was really quite good. The problem was in the vacuum tubes they use to draw the blood once they hit a vein. She had 3 failures and had to use both arms and a 4th tube to get the job done. Yikes!

Now, speaking of blood sucking, as I was… I just read that he jobless rate hit 7.2%. That means 11 million Americans without a job. That's just the official number; the real number is quite a bit higher as you fall off the statistics once you've used up your benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment