Friday, February 13, 2009

Just a Rant

Life goes on. Hallelujah! The weather forecast is filled with little icons of gray and sad looking clouds; raining down upon us for the next week. If you live in the Northwest, this is a phenomenon known as 'normal'. For us, in the Southwest, it's a miracle.

And after reading the headlines this morning, it seems to me that it is painfully obvious that the Republicans will do anything to avoid looking as if they were interested in working for the common good of the nation. I really hope they continue. I think, this time, that the voters are smart enough to see them as the party of spoilers. But…I'm an incurable optimist. Realistically, I know that the voters can certainly be fooled again.

Again, it's history that we avoid and it trips us up every time. When, in history, have the Republicans ever brought peace and prosperity to the nation? It's never happened and yet, at times, they are able to convince voters that black is white and wrong is somehow right. And they are trying to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think highly of Democrats either. I'm an independent and still hoping that the nation will someday rid itself of this self serving two party system.

No comments:

Post a Comment