Saturday, May 30, 2009

Judging

The more I read about the idiots that are attacking Judge Sotomayor the more I'm convinced that you have to give up a lot of gray matter when you decide to become a conservative. She is currently being condemned for having feelings, for being empathetic. Her critics say that those who decide on law must be free of all emotion. The law is the law is the law. And Justice is blind, right? OK, then why do we need judges at all? We could have one computer to search out all of the relevant facts and then make that painful decision for us. After all, it's only the law. It's simply data after all and a computer could do it faster and cheaper than 8 old men and a woman. And a whole lot cheaper!

But in my readings this morning, I came across this gem and had to post it…

"…former Bush adviser Karl Rove said that despite her stellar academic credentials, Sotomayor was "not necessarily" smart. "I know lots of stupid people
who went to Ivy League schools," said Rove."


Well, Karl…can you name just one of those 'stupid people' for us? If you have forgotten his name, I certainly can remind you.

Link to Think Progress…and Citizen K.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know one who graduated from Yale with a "gentleman's C", and if his father had not been a wealthy politician and alumnus, he would have have been kicked out the first semester.

    ReplyDelete