Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Priceless

'English-Only' Supporters Hold Conference, Can't Spell 'Conference'

Why do I let these idiots get to me? I was planning on not even responding to the rantings of the Right and then I saw this. Being a spelling 'phreak', I had to make note of it...

Hmmm, I wonder if these 'English Only' idiots know that English is comprised of words from all over the world? For instance; Khaki, what our soldiers wear; it's an Indian word. And how about Alfalfa? Yes, it's Arabic. And I can't even begin to list all of the French (Gasp!) words that are now part of our language. Me, I enjoy the sound of various languages being spoken; makes me think that perhaps we are all connected in some way upon this small planet.

(You need to scroll all the way down the page to see the entire article)

No comments:

Post a Comment