Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home Again

The family reunion is over and I'm convinced that the great-great grandparents of the Dunn, Zumwalt and Deffebach families would be proud of us all. We live in a world that they could not have imagined in their wildest dreams. And that will happen to our great-great grandchildren as well. Life goes on…

Lake Tahoe was exceptionally beautiful during our visit and life was grand. The children were well behaved as were the adults. We couldn't have asked for a better time during this rare event. Can we do it again? There's talk of doing it at Lake Almanor in the near future and we will have to see if that idea gains traction.

Now that I'm back in front of my normal sized computer monitor, I've been browsing the sites that I usually visit and I see that Ronni Bennett has some good stuff on the health care crisis. She speaks well and she says exactly what I would say if I were as eloquent.

I must admit that I am totally baffled by the public response to the health care proposals. It's as if the citizens have lost their minds, or perhaps they have tumbled down that rabbit hole that Alice did and are now in 'Wonderland' where white is black, right is wrong and idiocy is sanity. Have we all lost our minds? Do we really want insurance companies to own us, body and soul? I for one don't want it and I don't want it for my children and grandchildren. Enough is enough; it's time for reasoned arguments and it's time to push Limbaugh, Beck and others of that mentality back into the holes they came from.

Link to Ronni Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment