Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tell me no lies

As I read about the case against 'JihadJane', I noted that one of the charges against her was that of making false statements to a government official.
I'm certainly not making light of her problems and her alleged crime, but shouldn't there be an equal law that would directly affect government officials making false statements to citizens? Seems like that would be the right thing to do and it would certainly be applicable in all sorts of instances...Imagine walking into the Senate or the House with that law under your arm and an FBI agent accompanying you. Book em! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great idea! The length of speeches and debates would shrink, immediately. What would they do with all their spare time? Read, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, great idea! I vote for you!

    It's utterly amazing that the truth-thing is a one-way street...

    ReplyDelete