Tuesday, May 25, 2010

From Robert Genn

Hopeless?

"...there is still the blessing, the power to create. At times like this, we can think of Vincent van Gogh.

"One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever comes to sit by it," said Vincent. "Passersby see only a wisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way.""

I think all artists go through times like this and Vincent describes it so well. I know that every once in awhile I will look at the stack of paintings that is growing taller each week and I wonder if I will ever 'get it right'. And then I go to the Tuesday group meeting of artists, real artists, and there I'm supported and praised for my small efforts. I'm revived! And the stack of paintings is reviewed with a new eye and some are taken from the stack and signed; finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment