Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From Robert Genn - My state of confusion

My state of confusion: "-

I receive this Robert Genn newsletter twice a week and I always look forward to reading it. This letter focuses on Banksy, an artist I've enjoyed for some number of years. Okay...some will say his work isn't art but you should read the letter and then click on the link to the Banksy exhibit and make up your own mind.

Robert Genn writes - "Esoterica: So much of the art that many of us like to make is "skilled" (for lack of a better word) art. For most, it's difficult to do. Sure it can be done, but it's difficult to do well. Skilled art may take a few years of private effort, studentship, technique development and maybe even apprenticeship. Shock and awe art takes imagination and courage."

No comments:

Post a Comment