Thursday, August 12, 2010

I was reading

yet another story about the flight attendant that said 'No!' Plus a few other choice words. And some of the stories I read were from other flight attendants who agreed wholeheartedly with his actions and some that wished that they had the same kind of courage...

I agree, sort of, with what he did. I can certainly understand why he did it. As a former frequent flier, I came to dread the weekly trips to the airport. Once upon a time, flying was an event to celebrate and I would look forward to it. The airlines destroyed that. And TSA shares the blame as well.

But it's not just the passengers that are a source of great irritation, it's also the all too frequent 'Flight Attendant from Hell'. In their defense, the attendants state that the Post 9/11 stress is the cause for their lapse in civility. Baloney. Statistically they have no argument for that. They have a better chance of being hit by a meteorite. The stress is caused by the Dept. of Homeland Security and it's that stress that causes so much bad behavior among the passengers.

Back in the good old days of flight, the passengers were given the illusion that they were still in control of their lives. Now, as soon as you enter the terminal you give up all control or you turn around and go home. And I was tempted many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment