Thursday, September 9, 2010

Breaking news?

I just received two 'News Alert' messages about the Florida yahoo that was going to burn the Qur'an in some sort of public ceremony. Now he's not. Me? I'm disgusted that the news media created this story and gave the man exactly what he wanted; attention. This story never should have seen the light of day and now others just like this yahoo have seen how to manipulate the press.


What if you had a book burning and no one came? It could have happened...

4 comments:

  1. I was so glad to hear that the Qur'an burning has been cancelled. You may be on to something because the attention Terry Jones received could cause other Islamophobes to pull similar stunts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My position, exactly. I wonder if America will ever be so responsibly under-reactive. Or if those who sponsor media will ever actually pay for real news again, instead of the stuff that's alarmist or sensational with no redeeming value.

    I keep waiting for the reaction to the past thirty years to kick in; the pendulum usually swings generationally. I forget, how long is a generation again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nance, I think we are in another period of 'yellow' journalism. Substitute Murdock for Hearst.

    With so many children putting off marriage and children of their own I am sure the length of a generation has increased. Right now it's 25.2 years and 27.4 years in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you......now this jerk will have a fuller congregation of extremists....dang.

    ReplyDelete