Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why?

I was browsing as usual and this headline caught my eye...'Senate Mulls Equal Pay for Women'. I haven 't even opened the article to see just what it is that they are 'mulling'.And I don't think I will. The headline offends me. Senators; why on earth would you even stop to think about the question of equal pay. Just do it! And then go stand in the corner for a few hours because it's shameful that we even have to bring this up. Workers are workers and all pay should be equal. Are female Senators paid less than their male counterparts? Of course not. I'm at a loss for words here. This is the 21st century and we are still arguing that women should be paid less than men? Unbelievable! Yet...we still haven't passed the Equal Rights Amendment, have we? Loud sigh...As long as these people are in office we deserve what we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment