Saturday, September 22, 2012

Isn't it time?

Among all of the voices heard during this political season, one is curiously absent. That would the voice of the last President. The one that has a real grasp on the ins and outs of the financial disaster that is plaguing us. Yet he is silent. In fact, if he has thrown his support to the Republican candidate, I must have missed it. Where is President Bush? As a senior statesman of the Republican party, you would think that he would be crisscrossing the country, giving speeches in support of Romney. Isn't it time for him to come out in support of his budget; the one that President Obama inherited? President Clinton was eager to talk about his budget!

I still have a copy of the book, The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict by Joseph Stiglitz and Linda Bilmes. It came out in 2008 and so it doesn't include all of the costs of the war in Afghanistan. I'm willing to guess that there are at least another two trillion dollars that will come from that war. If you haven't read it, you should. Four years later and it's even more timely.

Those are Bush's wars. Those are Republican wars. Did Democrats vote to go to war? Yes, they did; based on Bush's lies.

I really don't know why I bother to point out all of this evidence. Romney Republicans don't read. They're not about to let facts get in the way of their hatred for a black/white President.

Whenever I become engaged with a Romney supporter, I just ask 'who did you vote for in 2000 and 2004?'
When they answer 'Bush' I simply say 'Well, there's your problem.' Case closed.' and I turn and leave.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I am going to steal that and stop giving myself a headache!

    Or maybe you could just ask who they voted for in 2008? Because anyone willing to risk this country on a Palin Vice-Presidency... I don 't even have words for THAT!

    ReplyDelete