Saturday, November 3, 2012

Not again, please

I was just reading George McGovern's obituary...in 1972 he ran for the Presidency and lost. He won in Massachusetts and D.C. I voted for him. Do you remember who won that election? Yes, it was Richard Nixon; proving that the American voter is dead wrong, far too many times. If we had elected McGovern we would be a far richer nation. Not necessarily in treasure, but certainly in moral values. But we got 'Tricky Dicky' instead and he made a mockery of the Office of the President. He changed our moral values system alright...oh yes, he did.

2 comments:

  1. I also voted for McGovern that year. My first vote though was 2004 and it was a good example of how deception was used. I voted for Johnson that time but don't really feel good about a lot he did regarding Vietnam. I also think the nation might be different today if it had turned away from deception. The question now is what will it do to us as a people if we reward lying, hypocrisy and bullying? I really don't know but it's worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, not 2004 but 1964

    ReplyDelete