Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fiscal...don't say it!

Here it is, a new day in a new year. And if one more person says "fiscal cliff" to me, I swear...to the moon!
That phrase has already been condemned by most groups that exist to protect our language. Oh, yes...kick the can down the road and bucket list are also verboten from now on. And not a moment too soon.

I would not be surprised to learn that 'fiscal cliff' was created by Fox news. It sounds like something they would do. What is sad is the fact that 'responsible' newscasters picked up on the phrase and used it till it lost all meaning...if there ever was a meaning. If there ever was a responsible newscaster. Edward R. Murrow is dead and we're the poorer for it.

What is sad about this negotiation is the fact that the President caved...again. $250K was supposed to be the limit. The republicans have no power. They are a tired and useless party. So why give them an inch? Look at their leaders...Mitch McConnell, John Boehner and McCain. Liars and losers! 

I guess I better watch a football game today and allow the players to dissipate my anger. After all, it is a New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Obama is frustrating but the alternative was worse. doesn't make it less irritating though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad there's been some sort of conclusion - I couldn't possibly stand seeing it dominate the news for another month or two!

    ReplyDelete