Thursday, January 3, 2013

What to do?

Everything I read tells me that the 113th Congress is primed to do as much, or more, damage to our country as the previous Congress. ( I recommend reading Gail Collins in today's NYT )

So, what do we do? Since I can't be Emperor for a day...where I would allow congresspersons to serve no more than 6 years. Total!...I think that we must hound our congressperson at every turn. They must not be allowed to forget who they work for. Email, snailmail, Twitter and Facebook. Make them remember your name. Republican, Democrat or Independent (recommended), they work for you. That's something they seem to have forgotten. And it's all our fault...

Just as small children misbehave when unattended, Congress (large children) misbehaves when we are not watching them. We need to do better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment