If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it."
-Stephen Colbert

Thursday, March 14, 2013

What a life...

It's been a long time since I last posted something here. I think my medications may have something to do with my lack of ambition. Nothing can be done about that for now. I went to the doctor today...actually, he is a PA-C and more thorough and caring than most doctors I've met. Anyway, I am fine except for a rise in bad cholesterol and CO2 in my blood gases. I also told him about my suspected cataracts and I will be seeing someone for that pretty soon. I hope it's soon as these fuzzy images and tears are a bother.

And so I age...I am going to the gym three times a week for a Senior Wellness program and it's rigorous enough to keep my blood pressure in a safe range. After the exercise on the treadmill and other instruments of torture, I spend an hour in the pool doing water exercises to ease the pain in my hip and leg.

I'm not completely without ambition; I am painting and last week I took 30+ painting down to a local health club for a solo art show. And I just heard that I sold one...the most expensive one at $150. It's also one of our favorites and it had a special place on the wall of our home. Now I have to come up with a replacement. My mind is already churning away at the possibilities...





SOLD

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you and good going on the painting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I'm having the same trouble. I don't know if the B
    P meds keep me too drowsy to post anything but pablum on my blog or if it's the onset of dementia, but I don't seem to be as sharp as I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I take Neurontin for my nerve pain (failed back surgery) and a anti-depressant. I need them both. Such is life. Truth is, most of life is sweet and all it takes to cheer me up is a grandchild. Any of them will do...

      Delete